Islanders To Brooklyn?

The new Barclays Center will be fitted with an NHL-sized rink when it opens in September 2012. Could Brooklyn become the future home of the New York Islanders?  (AP Photo/Kathy Willens)

, , , , , , , , , , , ,

18 Responses to “Islanders To Brooklyn?”

1. Nathan sybrandy
    November 7, 2011 at 7:49 AM #

Heck yes!! Bring them to Brooklyn!!! Nets and islanders would be awesome here!!!

2. Rangers Fan
    November 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM #

Go Rangers! Only needs to be one team in NYC!

3. Jared fox
    November 7, 2011 at 10:13 AM #

Go Isles!! Brooklyn bound!!!

4. Andre Roberts
    November 7, 2011 at 10:34 AM #

Go Islanders!

5. Katie Walker
    November 7, 2011 at 11:02 AM #

Isles to Brooklyn! We are the 99 percent! Lol

6. Greg condry
    November 7, 2011 at 11:31 AM #

I really enjoy reading the sports stories by this guy every monday. Do more sports!! Go Isles and Nets!

7. Tommy Rodriguez
    November 7, 2011 at 1:29 PM #

Go Islanders! They need more recognition. I have season tickets and hope they come to brooklyn. Joey you should come to a game with me and I’ll buy you a beer! Let me know

– Tommy
    Trodbball5@gmail.com

8. Evan Mosley
    November 7, 2011 at 1:51 PM #

Boooooooooo! Rangers are the only NYC team!!! Number one in our hearts. Joe I will take you to a Rangers game! I have sweet tickets and will buy you TWO beers! Don’t waste your time watching the islanders! Everyone knows they are just a waste. Contact me.

9. K. Benard
    November 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM #

I think they would benefit Brooklyn! But let’s change the name!! Brooklyn Islander. Start a twitter hash tag trend!

10. Jacob Rieney
    November 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM #

FINNALY!! Sports coverage! Why don’t you post sports scores? Is j. Maestres your only sports reporter? I live in Flatbush and think the isles coming to brooklyn would be benigicial for everyone. It’s unethical for journalists to take bribes so I hope Joey doesn’t take the beer! But be entertaining to see him live at a game! Sorry for rambling!

-JR

11. Annsley March
    November 7, 2011 at 3:05 PM #

Hi Joey,

I don’t know if you remember me but you interviewed me for OWS with the other reporter John? You and I laughed over me coming back to find you? haha http://thebrooklynink.com/occupy-wall-street-now-what3/

But I have been keeping up on your stories and you have done a fantastic job! My dad is a HUGE Islanders fan and I know that this would make him very excited. I am emailing him this link right after this.

Keep up the good work on your website! You should call me this weekend and we should go out together and get a drink or something 😉 You seemed like a lot of fun! Awkward turtle I know!

Thanks 🙂

Annsley

12. C. Dax
    November 7, 2011 at 10:44 PM #

Islanders to Brooklyn would make my year!

13. connor Meackey
    November 8, 2011 at 10:26 AM #

I just can’t see how the Islanders moving to Brooklyn would bring more people to come watch them…? They do need a new stadium though

14. CJ Wilson
    November 8, 2011 at 11:01 AM #

Saw this on the NHL Site. Do you cover the Islanders or Rangers?

15. Ryan D.
    November 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM #

ISLES TO BROOKLYN! Do you put video highlights up of the games?

16. Andy Jerrod
    November 8, 2011 at 7:53 PM #

Lets Go rangers! No one cares about the Islanders!

17. Dave Martinez
    November 15, 2011 at 10:05 AM #

Islanders to Brooklyn! Us brooko’s would love that! nets plus islanders equal awesomeness

18. james
    March 11, 2012 at 10:29 PM #

im a Rangers fan and i think it is important to keep the rivalry between these two teams to stay alive so i am hopping that the islanders move to Brooklyn.